What is Fluoropolymer Coatings?
This coating is the perfect blend of high performance resins and fluoropolymer lubricants. The presence of the most electro-negative element and the most reactive non- metal, fluorine has added important properties to the coating. As the atomic radius of Fluorine’s is smallest next to hydrogen, so it is able to form extremely strong bonds with other elements. When reacted with carbon in fluoropolymer, the extremely strong, tight bond produces an extraordinary combination of properties.
These thin coated films provide excellent corrosion, abrasion, electrical and chemical resistance as well as help to reduce friction, resistant to galling, non stick and non wetting. Fluoropolymer coatings are applied to fasteners and various OEM components to provide a longer life before replacement. Advantages of Fluoropolymer Coatings :
These coatings are extensively used in various oil and gas plant, chemical plants, textile, pharmaceutical and various other engineering industries and are have benefits like:
- Cleaning and painting of bare steel bolts in the field is likely to be difficult, expensive and in some cases, not feasible
- The plain bolts, after stuffing in the holes, are expected to sit out in the weather for an extended period of time and get dried out and rusty, making correct tightening difficult or impossible
- Release or retightening of the bolt within the foreseeable future is necessary
- Due to its unique benefits, Fluoropolymer Coating has been applied to various types and grades of fasteners. The water works industry takes advantage of the superior corrosion resistance properties by coating Hex-head bolts for underground service. Stainless steel fasteners, used in many different industries, are coated for lubricity and anti-galling
- Fluoropolymer coatings are extremely durable and not easily removed. However, during assembly of fasteners in the field, the coating can sometimes be damaged. With most other fluoropolymer coatings, this results in exposed bare metal that quickly begins to show corrosion and causes the coating to fail. Our metallic base coat ensures superior corrosion resistance and continues to provide protection even under the harshest conditions